So of course I miss you and I miss you bad
But I also felt this way when I was still with you
1. You told me you were in love with me and you wanted to spend forever with me but you would have thrown that all away for 8 seconds of his voice and a kiss from him.
2. “I can wait a long time to be with you, you’re worth it.” Shit you waited what? a couple months? You could have at least given me enough time to learn what my skin feels like against yours.
3. When you told me everything would be okay because you loved me, did you mean it would be okay for you or me? I don’t really feel okay anymore. I don’t feel safe here anymore. I know you don’t want me and I want to tell you that its okay, but its not. I still love you.
4. Remember when you told me I wouldn’t have to watch you be with someone else? That us not being together would only be temporary. Love, this stopped being temporary as soon as you told me you had feelings for him because these scars are so permanent.
5. “I’m sorry for everything.” Oh man, this was my favorite. You’re sorry for stomping on my heart and leaving me, even though though you promised you wouldn’t. I’m sorry that you couldn’t let go of him long enough to see that this was real.5 lies you told me (via unscar)
When I imagined myself writing poems about you, I pictured myself writing about how my first love was my best friend and that we got married in the end.
Or how you used to say “I love you” in your sleep and under your breath when our lips touched.
Maybe even the way your back was covered in freckles and scars from my nails.
I never envisioned it like this, describing the way your name tastes like stomach acid every time I say it out loud.
How whenever we make eye contact in the halls it’s like we never knew each other or how the other one sounds like at 4 am.
It shouldn’t have ended like this, but in a way I’m thankful. I needed the heartache for my poetry, because this is how I write now.(via safetyslut)